Thursday, July 27, 2017

Have You Read........

In the last two years, I have written and self-published three children's books. I am very proud of my accomplishments, as it's something I have wanted to do since I was able to read and write. Writing is one of my passions and I'm happy to be able to share it with others.

My first book is called Hammy's New Home. This book is about a young pig named Hammy, who gets into some mischief on the farm where he lives. This idea came from the real Hammy who belonged to my friends, Donny and Hope. We were visiting one day, sitting on their porch drinking coffee, and I could hear Hammy snorting in his pen. I made a joke about him wanting to be on the porch with us and their two dogs. Well......a book idea came to mind!!! Hammy is an adorable pig thanks to my very talented illustrator, Christopher Strange. Everyone loves Hammy and perhaps one day Hammy will reappear in a sequel.


My second book is called If I Were A Duck. What child doesn't dream of being some sort of animal? Well this idea came from watching the ducks outside of one of my favorite eating establishments and I was thinking about how much fun it would be to be a duck for one day. And there you have it! Another very talented artist, Samuel Wittman, drew the pics for this fun rhyming book.
 
And last but not least, my third book is Annie to the Rescue. This story is about a little girl who wants to have a pet to take care of and love, but her parents think she is too young. One day, while exploring, Annie finds......well, I'm not going to tell!! You'll have to read the book to find out! This book is dedicated to an animal rescue group called Pause 4 All Paws (find them on Facebook, Pause 4 All Paws!!) and a little girl named Anecia who sometimes attends P4AP events, helping her mom. A percentage of all proceeds for this book will be donated to this group. Much thanks to my talented illustrator, Elaine Schmidt, who is also my grandmother's cousin, on taking the time to draw the pics for this book.

You can find my books on Amazon to download as an eBook or purchase a printed copy, and also on Barnes and Noble (online).   Check out my Facebook page Melanie Lopata Author/Editor for updates on books, book signing events and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment